Are You A Good Reader?

Photo from Unsplash.

Are you a good reader? Do you feel challenged while reading? When I was in 4th grade, I hated reading. I never wanted to read. Like, ever. I found it annoying, a waste of time. But that changed. See, I didn’t really see the point in reading. I just thought it was something that we had to read for no reason.  But I didn’t know why I hated reading. Later I learned that reading was to grow your vocabulary. 

Now, I enjoy reading. To be honest, it could be as entertaining as Netflix. I read all genres, all of them are fine. It’s interesting that every time I read, I learn a new word, or at least it feels that way. 

Sometimes, I have a hard time reading for a while. I sometimes get distracted but other times, I can’t put my book down. When I lived in New York City, a writer came to our school. But I was in third grade. I didn’t read a lot. And that writer was James Ponti. At the time, I didn’t know who he was or why he was there. 

So 3rd grade me decided to not get an autograph from him. But that was the biggest regret of my life.

Now, I 100% know who James Ponti is. Last year in 5th grade, I first started to learn about him. I learned that he wrote City Spies. Because my teacher, Ms. Boehm, showed me a trailer about his series, the City Spies. Now, that is my favorite series ever. He got me into reading, especially the series. 

I read best when I have a break before or when I am relaxed. However, it can be challenging when I read when I’m in a rush or in a stressful situation. Sometimes I read when there is nothing to do and I want something to do. Sometimes I read to kill time. Sometimes I read for fun.

For you readers that are reading this google doc, I recommend for you to read the City Spies series; my favorite series! Also, check out some book by James Ponti. 

You might be wondering, how long do you read? Well, I don’t read too often, especially in the summer. I read approximately every day for about 20 minutes. 

I encourage you to read more and more often. If you like reading one genre in particular, try and read more genres. I own a lot of books, maybe 500. Go to a library and read the back of some books and then get into a book.